Can I litter train a duck?

PETERKAY012

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2015
So this is kinda a weird question, but can I litter train a duck? I have done it before with my rabbit and I trained my dog to go to the bathroom on a puppy pad in a crate at night or when I'm not home and I thought it would be pretty cool if i was able to do it with a duck. Has anyone else tried to do this?

So this is kinda a weird question, but can I litter train a duck? I have done it before with my rabbit and I trained my dog to go to the bathroom on a puppy pad in a crate at night or when I'm not home and I thought it would be pretty cool if i was able to do it with a duck. Has anyone else tried to do this?
I don't think it will work because the water fowl or maybe it's all poultry don't have the spinture muscle [probably spelled wrong] that helps control when and where they go. They just go where ever.

If by litter train you mean the world is theirs to poop when and where they see fit, yes LOL

but no, as Ms Lydia said, they do not have the ability to control. If they need to poop, they poop, where ever they are.

Back
Top Bottom