Can i move a brooding quail and her eggs?

Quailaholic131

Chirping
Nov 22, 2019
I have just noticed one of my Females is Brooding. Shes sitting on a pile of eggs and hasnt got off it once, except when no others were around to get some food, and instantly ran back to them when another hen got near the eggs. She sat down and rolled them around under her. But shes kind of in the middle of the pen, and since ive never had a Coturnix get broody, i dont want her to be uncomfortable by all the other quail trampling around her. Plus when they hatch, the babys would easily be able to get out of the pen, (the walls are Chicken wire, so they could squeeze through). Would she stop brooding if i moved her to her own brooding pen/box?

I have just noticed one of my Females is Brooding. Shes sitting on a pile of eggs and hasnt got off it once, except when no others were around to get some food, and instantly ran back to them when another hen got near the eggs. She sat down and rolled them around under her. But shes kind of in the middle of the pen, and since ive never had a Coturnix get broody, i dont want her to be uncomfortable by all the other quail trampling around her. Plus when they hatch, the babys would easily be able to get out of the pen, (the walls are Chicken wire, so they could squeeze through). Would she stop brooding if i moved her to her own brooding pen/box?
Really want to know how this turns out, :popkiki @007Sean @Nabiki Any experience with this ?, hope they hatch

She might or might not stop brooding...but it would be best to move her considering her present enclosure isn't condusive to successfull brooding.

Back
Top Bottom