Can i raise guinea fowl in a small cage like in a rabbit cage?

Rishabh

Hatching
Nov 2, 2015
Hello, i have'nt raised guinea before but my friend once bought 2, and after some time he found one died, he then free ranged the another one then that guinea never came back, after sometime he manages to catch that guinea and he kept in a small guinea house like a chicken house for over two months, after he released it then never came back but found it roaming arround his house, after some time that guinea have been hunted down, so if i buy and realese the guinea i have to take the risk of the guinea not to come back or been eaten by someone else, and also i have only small 200 sq mtrs of free space and only at a 10-20 feet distance, there is a big land which could be said a jungle, where white breasted waterhen lives, so they could go there and live in there and never come back, also i don't have much money to make a big home for them, can i house them in small cage like house..? And not free range it, i like birds but my mom never allows me to do, im 19 year old and don't have a source of income i can feed them for what they will miss in the cage, but my mom will not allow me to make a big house for them to live but i can make a small house with a wooden box, will the be happy there...? Will they lay their eggs there..? Pls help...

I don't know anything about guineas except they do have some small ones that might be better in a cage. You can put "Guinea thread," in the search box and it should pop up. That would be the best place to ask guinea questions. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom