Can I See Show Quality Welsummers

Show quality welsummers are rare, since they are mainly bred for laying. However, I found one of the only breeders of SHOW wellies on the west coast and bought one of his nicest hens for my friend. I'll see if she'll take a picture of it and send it to me.

Yes they show them, but show quality strains are rare, because most people breed them for egg production, not for show quality. I think I only saw one or two welsummers at the big stockton show, and that's been the only time I've seen one at a show.

No Welsummers in our shows here in Central Illinois yet....I think they should bred them for egg color AND standard of the breed as well. I LOVE my Welsummers and would not part with my two hens! And got 14 chicks as well.

Enjoy!

Quote:
So, where are the chicken shows? Where can I go to look at the breeds. Do they have them at the state fair in the summer at Cal Expo?
smile.png

Quote:
So, where are the chicken shows? Where can I go to look at the breeds. Do they have them at the state fair in the summer at Cal Expo?
smile.png

I doubt there will be any there, but you never know unless you look. I think there's only really one breeder who focuses on show strain welsummers in california, thats who i bought the hen from which i gave to my friend.

Quote:
Doesn't matter how good looking they are, it matters if they fit the standard of perfection. And obviously, birds from a breeder that focuses on egg production probably wont be 'show quality'

Back
Top Bottom