Salmon faverolle comb horns?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I noticed something on my salmon faverolle hen, Rat. I am 100% positive she is a pure SF she’s just very much so pet quality… but her comb doesn’t seem right? She has two spikes on her comb, I don’t see it on any SF hens online.
Can SF have some lines with this?

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 4
They are just side springs, these are faults in a show. It’s just when an extra spike grows out from the side. The chances of having two are uncommon, never mind the chances of having two opposite each other. It isn’t a problem and it doesn’t mean she is impure, it can occur randomly even in well bred birds.

They are just side springs, these are faults in a show. It’s just when an extra spike grows out from the side. The chances of having two are uncommon, never mind the chances of having two opposite each other. It isn’t a problem and it doesn’t mean she is impure, it can occur randomly even in well bred birds.
:goodpost:I second this.

I did not know that! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom