Can I see some Black copper maran

View attachment 1020765

These are from my blue copper and the back ones are from my Wheaten Marans. I also have a splash (daughter of the blue) and two barnevelders, and some more EEs that are the months old. Fingers crossed for more beautiful eggs :)

These are my egg goals! I want a pretty basket like this ! The darkest in your basket was what I was really hoping for but realistically I'm hoping they'll look atleast like the ones in the back!

These are my egg goals! I want a pretty basket like this ! The darkest in your basket was what I was really hoping for but realistically I'm hoping they'll look atleast like the ones in the back!

The ones in front are typical good Marans eggs for black/blue/splash copper Marans. So as long as they are not hatchery or from a "breeder" with no understanding of genetics, you should be fine.

does anyone have pics of black copper marans from birth to maturity? Roosters and hens? I just picked up 3 and I want to try and figure out what to watch for as they get older.. their supposedly the same age as my easter egger (2 weeks) but their half the size.. so I'm thinking either my easter egger is older or they are younger

This was @ a year old.
HPIM0129.JPG

The ones in front are typical good Marans eggs for black/blue/splash copper Marans. So as long as they are not hatchery or from a "breeder" with no understanding of genetics, you should be fine.

The guy claimed he got them from a good breeder in the next Provence over so here's to hoping he was truthful Otherwise next year when I have hens old enough to go broody I'll have to order my own to hatch

Back
Top Bottom