1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Can I Show An Ee At The Fair?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ranchruler@gmail.com, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ranchruler@gmail.com

ranchruler@gmail.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    can i show my ee at the fair

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

EEs cannnot be shown, there not recignized bt the APA because they are considered a cross breed.

3. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    you can show whatever you want at a county fair . go for it !

4. stephanie1992

at my county fair you cant, i entered california greys and EEs and they told me they cant be shown

5. stephanie1992

ranchruler@gmail.com :

can i show my ee at the fair

u would need to look into your fairs poultry department and see if they will let you show them​

6. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    yes you can you just show them under" all other fowl class" its all good you can even show mutt birds under that class my kids do it at are county fair all the time and i did it when i was a teenager now if its a state fair that might be differen't .
    Quote:

7. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    What class did you try to show them in ?
    Quote:

8. stephanie1992

Quote:
    i entered them in all other fowl my first year, they called me and told me they cannot be shown at all under any class, the APA dont recognize them and you can only show APA recognized fowl, maybe thats just the fair i showed at..

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Get a copy of their entry form and the code list for the fair. If it's not an APA show, you should be able to show an EE under the Miscellaneous category.

10. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    It is up to the poultry superintendent. at our fair that was me. there were EEs, sex links and even some "banties " of very mixed origins. many of which showed up the day of the fair with no registration. yay fun for me [​IMG] anyway just ask

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by