Can I Take Duck Out?

Spaz02

Hatching
Jan 30, 2022
Hello so my ducks are very very late hatchers and one duck hatched yesterday at 4 PM. Today at 4 PM would make 24 hours that the duck was in there after he hatched. Maybe somebody can clear this up for me. I read that the dog needs to be in the incubator for 12 to 24 hours before you take him out. But I also read that you can’t open the incubator while the other ducks are pipping because we don’t want them to get shrink-wrapped. But also the websites say not to take the dog out for 48 hours so I’m so confused. When do you guys take your duck out and put them in the brooder?! 😂 And one more thing, you’re supposed to feed them the next day correct so if I can’t take him out for 48 hours how do I feed him the next day without opening the incubator and killing on the other ducks hahahha? Serious questions 👆🏻

Ducklings/chicks can go 3 days before being fed. This is why hatcheries ship newly hatched birds, but I would recommend the duckling be pulled as soon as it is safe. The yolk that has been absorbed provides all the nourishment required by the newly hatched. Sometimes it is necessary to open the incubator. Do so quickly and get it closed again.

Hello so my ducks are very very late hatchers and one duck hatched yesterday at 4 PM. Today at 4 PM would make 24 hours that the duck was in there after he hatched. Maybe somebody can clear this up for me. I read that the dog needs to be in the incubator for 12 to 24 hours before you take him out. But I also read that you can’t open the incubator while the other ducks are pipping because we don’t want them to get shrink-wrapped. But also the websites say not to take the dog out for 48 hours so I’m so confused. When do you guys take your duck out and put them in the brooder?! 😂 And one more thing, you’re supposed to feed them the next day correct so if I can’t take him out for 48 hours how do I feed him the next day without opening the incubator and killing on the other ducks hahahha? Serious questions 👆🏻
You can take the duckling out of the incubator, and put it in the brooder. Dip the tip of its beak in the water. I'd give it a mirror until others hatch.
It will be warm and dry in the brooder and will probably sleep.
Add some water into you incubator when you open it.

Ducklings/chicks can go 3 days before being fed. This is why hatcheries ship newly hatched birds, but I would recommend the duckling be pulled as soon as it is safe. The yolk that has been absorbed provides all the nourishment required by the newly hatched. Sometimes it is necessary to open the incubator. Do so quickly and get it closed again.
Everything’s working out just fine :). I leave the newly hatched duck in there for about a day and then I take him out. I had another one hatch and I took him out after about a house with it 36 hours. I have a new one that has this morning and I’m leaving him there until late tonight.

Attachments

• 47B12C52-BD51-4DE5-B95A-2A4419B81136.jpeg
    47B12C52-BD51-4DE5-B95A-2A4419B81136.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom