Can I use a Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate as a hen house

Thank you all for your responses. I did not intend for my current set up to be a cause for such mathematical concern. Let's just say I have what I need in order to answer my original question. Again thank you.
Well, we did discuss space mathematics at one point ;) :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/eastern-nc-coop-for-silkies.1330914/

Space is always an issue....and kind of a red flag as the lack of it can be a real problem.

I did find the pics you might have wanted to post here?
full

full

Pitiful, isn't it? This is now in another yard with only three pullets. My pics were to address the concern about ventilation in a standard coop compared to using a dog crate with some of the side areas left open for ventilation. This was a TSC kit, coop with run, from 2014. As per your link above, I nixed the resin shed as adding the needed ventilation would compromise the overall integrity of the end unit. The dog crate in question is larger than this kit coop. Justin Rhodes has several videos on chicken coops and tractors, with the same situation of free ranging all day. I am blessed to have many acres for my girls to roam, way up off the road, with planted fields, outbuildings, lean to's and woods.

Back
Top Bottom