1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can i use plastic cooler to hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quailwanted, May 15, 2011.

1. quailwanted

quailwanted Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    shepherd
    I have one of t hose ones you put ice and pop in it. And it gets really warm inside and stays that way. do you think that I could use that to hatch eggs without having to add anything or at lest not to much to it. I want to hatch different eggs for selling at the local pawn shop and other places. I know that it will get at lest 90 in there maybe more depending on temp in the room it is at. What would I have to do to make that incubator. I also have small styerfom one with a lid. I need to make good one with the lest about of money going into it. So any help would be awesome. HELP me out the big incubators are way to much to pay for. So I need something else.

2. BackyardMix

BackyardMix Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Hmmmmm...you could definitely hatch in it but not without adding stuff.

3. quailwanted

quailwanted Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    shepherd
    well the styerfom one is only maybe foot long and 5 inch wide it is tiny! i bought it for fish bait but did not use it.

it is the same size as the one in the video but i don't have speakers or sound on my computer from what I saw all he had was thermostat in there some rocks and a light bulb.

Last edited: May 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by