Can I use Seven Dust for flies???

Quote:
Ohhh, thank you Saltysteele!!!!
ya.gif

I was just about to look for DE online to purchase it. I thought I could use it, but just wanted to make sure before I did. The flies are pretty bad out there in the run area's. I will start spreading it around tonight and see if that helps.
fl.gif

I'll let you know in a few days if it actually cuts down onthe fly problem.
bow.gif

I forgot to mention that one should always buy FOOD Grade DE.

After only 24 hours since I spread the seven dust, I can already notice a hugh difference in the fly population.
wee.gif

And I am happy to report that I have not seen any adverse reactions from my flock. My ducks actually seemed calmer today with out the constant buzzing of flies!!
big_smile.png

I use those fly bags that have the attractant inside. Or I put vinegar/water/sugar to the fill line for less smell. Takes care of alot of flies. Also you can buy a spray called premise spray (usually under horse products), and spray the walls. With the fly trap bags , figure you catch 10,000 flies in it, that would have had offspring that would have had offspring, and will soon add up to a million flies that you will not have. . I have filled the first bag in less than 3 weeks.

Quote:
We have always used it on our dogs and other animals...and all of our garden............until we discovered DE and discovered we could get it at Lowes in the Organic Gardening Area. So now we use DE. In the coop I use fly strips (work awesome...use them in my house too! lol) As for the rabbits we have moved to mostly cages with trays so we can clean them out and bleach the area. And we dump the poo on the garden and field AWAY from the rabbitry. Our ducks all free range so their poo is scattered. not really a huge problem.

Back
Top Bottom