Can i wrap aluminum around a light bulb to make a heating source for chicks?

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
One of my baby quails went blind! He cant open his eyes i went threw so much trouble to get his eyes to open... At this point ive had enough i turned the light bulb off and the quails just peeped the loudest peeps they can ever do... And kinda sleeped in one pile one on top of eachother my heart melted... So i turned the light bulb back on and they stopped peeping im using a regular light bulb thats the problem... And it is strong that my eyes get blinded for moments... So i was thinking why not wrap aluminum foil around the glass of the bulb to make the light disappear and make the heat spread threw the aluminum? They are 12 day old quails and now i cant sleep the night thinking about them.. I live in baghdad iraq and its kinda cold here.. About 25 degrees celcius so i really need a solution for them

Well I'm absolutely confused. A chick not being able to open its eyes doesnt mean its blind. Is their gunk on its eyes. Blood?

Also, why are you turning off the heat lamp? You can get a heat plate that doesnt put off light but I'm still confused as to why you are turning off the light.

Well I'm absolutely confused. A chick not being able to open its eyes doesnt mean its blind. Is their gunk on its eyes. Blood?

Also, why are you turning off the heat lamp? You can get a heat plate that doesnt put off light but I'm still confused as to why you are turning off the light.
Im just scared i want good for my chicks 😢 the light is still on..

So let's start from the beginning.
How old are the chicks?
Pic of brooder
Temperature
Pic of chick with eye problems.
The chicks are about 15 days old
The temp under bulb is 35 celcius
And heres the pics you asked for.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_100014.jpg
    IMG_20200328_100014.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 39