Can i wrap aluminum around a light bulb to make a heating source for chicks?

I am not very experienced, but if you only have access to use lamps, I would highly suggest using a red lamp. It's not as hard on their eyes.
I cant buy or go anywhere baghdad is on lockdown if you dare to go with a car and trick the police you will get a 600 dollar fine...

If they’ve made it to day 12 with their current set up then I’d say don’t change anything. You could position the light so that they have a darker corner to go to if they want to.

Your chicks need a warm spot and acces to a cooler area so they don't overheat. I'm not sure the aluminum foil is safe.
The bulb provides the heat they need. If you want to let them have a peaceful sleep, make them a cave. A wool hen, mama heating pad, or a bit of cardboard arched so they can get under, benefitting from the heat but avoiding the light of the bulb. Make sure nothing is too close to the bulb.

Don’t wrap aluminium foil around the bulb. This holds back the warmth and the bulb gets overheated.

See you can find something else to warm the chicks. A heat blanket, a warmth element for an aquarium and put that in a water filled jar they can cuddle against. Ask you’re mam to think with you.

Maybe you can put a light-cap over the bulb. Closed sideways and open on de downside. That way the light doesnt shine so brightly everywhere. Cause its not good for the chicks to het blinded by the light. Maybe they can find a warm spot on the ‘edge’ of the light-beam.

do a search on here for "mother heating pad" if you want to get away from using a heat lamp or bulb. the brightness of the bulb is not an issue. if the chicks have vision issues, it's something else. aluminum foil can trap heat and lead to increased fire hazard. I've given up on bulbs completely, the chicks are so much happier getting a full nights sleep in true darkness.

From your photos I expect your birds are too hot. The light creates a lot of heat and the chicks can't get away from it because the box is too small and they are too crowed. Give the chicks more space and make sure they can move away from the light when they are hot and move toward it when they are cold.
I don't see any water there

From your photos I expect your birds are too hot. The light creates a lot of heat and the chicks can't get away from it because the box is too small and they are too crowed. Give the chicks more space and make sure they can move away from the light when they are hot and move toward it when they are cold.
I don't see any water there
There is water but it was dried i had just woken up and refilled them with water right after i took the photo...

Back
Top Bottom