Can I ?......

How? Chick feed almost always has more or equal percentages as all flock
Yeah and mine never showed any issues. Granted they weren’t on it that long but still. I had them on all flock (Flockraiser) for a LONG time. I would think they would have had issues if chick starter is bad considering all flock is basically just glorified chick starter.

If oyster shell is provided on the side that solves that issue though.
The issue in context was not supplementary calcium. In direct comparison, if chick feed was equal to layer feed, there would be no need for additional calcium... and chicks would get kidney damage from an overdose of calcium.

Q.E.D.

The issue in context was not supplementary calcium. In direct comparison, if chick feed was equal to layer feed, there would be no need for additional calcium... and chicks would get kidney damage from an overdose of calcium.

Q.E.D.
People aren't saying chick feed is equal to layer feed. They are saying it is pretty equal to an all flock feed. OP, yes, you can feed your chickens a chick feed their whole life. Provide oyster shell on the side. Done

Q.E.D.
That's why when you use a Flock Raiser/All Flock type feed, or Chick Feed for feeding an adult flock you set out oyster shells in a separate feeder for the laying hens to get the extra calcium they require.

Back
Top Bottom