Can my hen have a good quality of life?

ijcastillo

Chirping
Sep 21, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a couple of hens that were given to me with injuries on their legs. One of the hens seems to be healing well and limps a bit but, my other hen’s foot is curled up like a fist. She walks on it with a limp. I tried extending her toes but they wont extend all the way. Can she live like this or is she walking in pain? Shes been like this since I got her about 3 weeks ago.

Does she show signs of pain ? If not she probably can I once had a hen who hopped on one leg holding it up close to her body and she was happy and healthy.

Hi guys,

I have a couple of hens that were given to me with injuries on their legs. One of the hens seems to be healing well and limps a bit but, my other hen’s foot is curled up like a fist. She walks on it with a limp. I tried extending her toes but they wont extend all the way. Can she live like this or is she walking in pain? Shes been like this since I got her about 3 weeks ago.

what kind of injuries?

after a dog attak my roo needed about 2 months to recover. vitamin b complex and sesame seeds help with leg issues.

a friend of mine had a hen with just 1 leg. she even got broody and raised chicks.

what kind of injuries?

after a dog attak my roo needed about 2 months to recover. vitamin b complex and sesame seeds help with leg issues.

a friend of mine had a hen with just 1 leg. she even got broody and raised chicks.
She got attacked by a rooster, both were.
what kind of injuries?

she got attacked by a rooster, they both were. Will the vitamins heal her fisted foot? Like I mentioned before, I tried to extend her foot but it seems like its broken or because they wont stretch to normal.

She got attacked by a rooster, both were.

she got attacked by a rooster, they both were. Will the vitamins heal her fisted foot? Like I mentioned before, I tried to extend her foot but it seems like its broken or because they wont stretch to normal.

vitamins can help heal but it depends on injury. she might have curled foot due to pain. if she is in pain then she cannot stretch toes. I would give her some antibiotics to prevent/heal puss.

Back
Top Bottom