Can my Muscovy eat spinach

Krystalkate

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2018
can my Muscovy eat spinach someone told me not to but she loves it and goes for only that when I make them breaky!

Attachments

• B3A90BBE-BEB2-43D7-A69E-4D13DD50BD29.jpeg
    B3A90BBE-BEB2-43D7-A69E-4D13DD50BD29.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 27
I've read that spinach binds to calcium which can result in soft shelled eggs in poultry and that is why they say not to feed it. That being said. . I still give mine some on rare occasions when I have it simply because they absolutely love it. I wouldn't give it to them daily or anything, or if I had one that was already laying soft shells. :)

I've read that spinach binds to calcium which can result in soft shelled eggs in poultry and that is why they say not to feed it. That being said. . I still give mine some on rare occasions when I have it simply because they absolutely love it. I wouldn't give it to them daily or anything, or if I had one that was already laying soft shells. :)
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:
I do the same with mine.

Spinach absolutely doesn’t deplete calcium in the body or other food. Spinach actually has a fair amount of calcium but it isn’t bioavailabile because of oxalic acid.

Spinach is fine as long as you aren’t trying to use it for calcium.

Spinach absolutely doesn’t deplete calcium in the body or other food. Spinach actually has a fair amount of calcium but it isn’t bioavailabile because of oxalic acid.

Spinach is fine as long as you aren’t trying to use it for calcium.
From what I've read. . don't know the science behind it. . the oxalic acid in the spinach is what prevents calcium from being absorbed into the system. Not that the spinach itself depletes calcium. Just prevents it from being absorbed. :hmm?

From what I've read. . don't know the science behind it. . the oxalic acid in the spinach is what prevents calcium from being absorbed into the system. Not that the spinach itself depletes calcium. Just prevents it from being absorbed. :hmm?

The calcium in the spinach itself and ONLY the calcium in the spinach is essentially nullified. The calcium in any other food/drink consumption is entirely unaffected.

Back
Top Bottom