Can not express myself....

Countrypunk92

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Portland, tennessee
In words how much I love poultry... Today I got up and let the chickens and ducks out...I love seeing them greet me, and run around the run...I dont think I will ever get tired of it... I filled the kiddie pool for my ducks and watched them swim and dive around...I love it...I love it I LOVE IT.

I know what you mean. All of the poultry chores I have always brighten my day!!!!
lol.png

I couldn't agree more! I was just saying that to a co-worked lastnight, letting my chicks out into the yard in the afternoons and sitting with them is the best part of my day a lot of times, it's just so relaxing and makes everything right in the world
wee.gif
. However, trying to explain this to a city non-chickener makes you look either insane, or like you might be lacking something in life
lau.gif

I am very satisfied to sit with my flock, also makes me happy. I have been on cloud nine since everyone is out of brooding stage. So much simpler in the coop!

Quote:
True that.. happens to me all the time. People go out, get drunk, get arrested.. and spend their days in jail while I sit and relax, watching my ladies fight over a worm.

Quote:
I can only imagine right now
smile.png
I can understand what you mean though, I love turning my dogs loose to run the yard when I get home and just sitting out there watching them, especially the youngest, just bounds around the yard purely for fun because she can
wee.gif
, and it always makes me smile and I forget anything that has been bothering me. I am REALLY looking forward to my chicks and expect to enjoy watching them just as much! This reminded me of a conversation I had with a co-worker the other day, who'd had chickens in the past. She thought they were too much work, and a lot of people think dogs are too much work. But to me, it's not work, I enjoy caring for them and what some people would think of as chores (like feeding, grooming and cleaning up after them), I don't think of it as chores or work, and I actually enjoy it! I think caring for the chicks will be the same way.
love.gif

Quote:
I can only imagine right now
smile.png
I can understand what you mean though, I love turning my dogs loose to run the yard when I get home and just sitting out there watching them, especially the youngest, just bounds around the yard purely for fun because she can
wee.gif
, and it always makes me smile and I forget anything that has been bothering me. I am REALLY looking forward to my chicks and expect to enjoy watching them just as much! This reminded me of a conversation I had with a co-worker the other day, who'd had chickens in the past. She thought they were too much work, and a lot of people think dogs are too much work. But to me, it's not work, I enjoy caring for them and what some people would think of as chores (like feeding, grooming and cleaning up after them), I don't think of it as chores or work, and I actually enjoy it! I think caring for the chicks will be the same way.
love.gif

Dont get ducks, THEY ARE a chore! LOL Duck owners will agree.. Messy messy messy!

Back
Top Bottom