Can not express myself....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Countrypunk92, May 27, 2011.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    In words how much I love poultry... Today I got up and let the chickens and ducks out...I love seeing them greet me, and run around the run...I dont think I will ever get tired of it... I filled the kiddie pool for my ducks and watched them swim and dive around...I love it...I love it I LOVE IT.

2. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    I know what you mean. All of the poultry chores I have always brighten my day!!!! [​IMG]

3. TheHalfWayCoop

TheHalfWayCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Campbellville Ontario
    I couldn't agree more! I was just saying that to a co-worked lastnight, letting my chicks out into the yard in the afternoons and sitting with them is the best part of my day a lot of times, it's just so relaxing and makes everything right in the world [​IMG] . However, trying to explain this to a city non-chickener makes you look either insane, or like you might be lacking something in life [​IMG]

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I am very satisfied to sit with my flock, also makes me happy. I have been on cloud nine since everyone is out of brooding stage. So much simpler in the coop!

5. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:True that.. happens to me all the time. People go out, get drunk, get arrested.. and spend their days in jail while I sit and relax, watching my ladies fight over a worm.

6. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Quote:I can only imagine right now [​IMG] I can understand what you mean though, I love turning my dogs loose to run the yard when I get home and just sitting out there watching them, especially the youngest, just bounds around the yard purely for fun because she can [​IMG], and it always makes me smile and I forget anything that has been bothering me. I am REALLY looking forward to my chicks and expect to enjoy watching them just as much! This reminded me of a conversation I had with a co-worker the other day, who'd had chickens in the past. She thought they were too much work, and a lot of people think dogs are too much work. But to me, it's not work, I enjoy caring for them and what some people would think of as chores (like feeding, grooming and cleaning up after them), I don't think of it as chores or work, and I actually enjoy it! I think caring for the chicks will be the same way. [​IMG]

7. Countrypunk92

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:I can only imagine right now [​IMG] I can understand what you mean though, I love turning my dogs loose to run the yard when I get home and just sitting out there watching them, especially the youngest, just bounds around the yard purely for fun because she can [​IMG], and it always makes me smile and I forget anything that has been bothering me. I am REALLY looking forward to my chicks and expect to enjoy watching them just as much! This reminded me of a conversation I had with a co-worker the other day, who'd had chickens in the past. She thought they were too much work, and a lot of people think dogs are too much work. But to me, it's not work, I enjoy caring for them and what some people would think of as chores (like feeding, grooming and cleaning up after them), I don't think of it as chores or work, and I actually enjoy it! I think caring for the chicks will be the same way. [​IMG]

Dont get ducks, THEY ARE a chore! LOL Duck owners will agree.. Messy messy messy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by