Can OEGBs Live Harmoniously With Large Fowl?

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
Hi! I’m really hoping to get Old English Game bantams this year, and wondered if they can live with normally sized chickens?? Thanks!

All birds are individuals. Which ones do well together seems to be less related to size than personality. I had a polish bantam who was top dog over an easter egger roo who was 3X his size. Giving them plenty of room is solid advice with all chickens, but as far as the size thing goes you should be fine. The cockerel in my avitar was 1/2 OEGB and 1/2 something standard. He was a cool little bird, until some predator decided to make him lunch :hit

All birds are individuals. Which ones do well together seems to be less related to size than personality. I had a polish bantam who was top dog over an easter egger roo who was 3X his size. Giving them plenty of room is solid advice with all chickens, but as far as the size thing goes you should be fine. The cockerel in my avitar was 1/2 OEGB and 1/2 something standard. He was a cool little bird, until some predator decided to make him lunch :hit
Thanks!
I’m sorry for your loss 😢

Back
Top Bottom