Solved Can people stop responding to 10 year old threads?

Something I've noticed on this site is how frequently people (especially new members) resurrect ancient threads and ask OP questions. It really messes up the flow of the website, because I'll see an emergency thread pop up, go to answer it and see a time-stamp from like 2007 or something. It also provides outdated information for people arriving to the site. Is there any way we can fix this or have something implemented to stop people replying to such old threads?

Just thought I'd bring it up. Hope everyone's having a great day!
Hi, I'm part of the technology inherent generation, and due to the way the internet works this post will most likely be responded to EXACTLY 10 years from now.

It was discussed ad nauseam.

Just need to look at the dates!
Easier said than done. More often than not, I end up looking at the date people joined -- I'd never reply in that case since everything looks old. Or I look at the date of the post I'm reading and, since it's the one that resurrected a dead thread, it looks new to me. It's added work to go back multiple pages to see when the OP occurred. It may have been discussed "ad nauseam," but that doesn't make it a bad suggestion. It might be a suggestion the forum owners don't wish to implement. OTOH, the command to "just look at the dates" is obviously not working.

D

I also believe this because there are many BYC members who ask questions and by the time someone answers, the person who asked the question wouldn't have been on BYC for who knows how long. An example would be this thread. Clearly, the person who created this thread wasn't on BYC for too long and hasn't been on this site for about 10 years. Other information such as the thread being created on the same day as the account being created and it being the only post the member created can be seen.

Back
Top Bottom