Can Seramas live happily in pairs?

Can I Keep A Serama Pair?

• Yes, They Make Great Pairs

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, They'd Hate That

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Think It Would Be Grand

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I Don't Think It's A Good Idea (Here's Why)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

SulkyBantam

···ʞɔǝꓒ ʎɹǝʌƎ ɥʇᴉM ɹǝʇɹoɥS ɓuᴉʇʇǝꓨ sI ʞɐǝꓭ ʎW
Nov 3, 2020
The Emerald Isle
My Coop
My Coop
I used to have 2 Serama hens. They live in about a metre sq. cage indoors, with a little covered run outside for warmer days. Sadly, one of my hens got a lung sac infection and passed away.

As you can imagine, the hen left behind is crying for her friend, sitting on the perch where her friend was all day and is very lonely.

The breeder I got her from only has roos (well cockerels actually) left. I always wanted a Serama roo. I have a soft spot for bantam roos, but have only had Japanese not Seramas.

Can they live happily in pairs?
I've heard so. My hen would, I think, like a boyfriend, and maybe one day I'd hatch some eggs.

Now, I know about the kind of adolescent phase these roos get between about 3 and 5 months of age. I'd want to get one older, and by a stroke of luck, the breeder has one about the age of my hen herself, about 6 or 7 months old. They may even remember each other

I used to have a Japanese bantam pair and they really loved each other. I was so heartbroken when they were killed. The mamma was a lovely mother to their (foster) chicks too and their daddy a wonderful father.

Any warnings or advice?
Thanks!

By they way, how loud do they crow in YOUR experience? Some people say loudly, other say really quiet.
They sleep indoors, so, yeah. Their cage is covered in thick blankets until I get up though.

Back
Top Bottom