Can/should I help more?

Ok! Thanks! There’s no blood, luckily, so my fingers are crossed. I will leave it and check in a few hours. At what point would you recommend helping more?
How many other eggs are left in the Bator still waiting to hatch?

This is the last one. 2 hatched last night and are in the brooder. And one hatched a few minutes ago.

This is the last one. 2 hatched last night and are in the brooder. And one hatched a few minutes ago.

His beak is out in the open, right?
He can breathe so it's not going to hurt him to stay crunched up in the shell for a little bit longer while he absorbs everything.
I agree with the other person who said it looks like too much veins for it to be hatch time.

It had externally pipped and I helped by removing a bit of the shell and moistening after 30 or so hours. That was about 4 hours ago. It’s peeping but hasn’t moved at all since then.
Okay
It can take 24-48 hours after the first external pip
You just helped a little to soon
I would wait 48 hours then check for veins
The way I do this is take my candler to the shell behind his head area
Usually I can see in the egg as baby has moved down
I don’t normally have a hole that big but You can try this but also moisten the Membrane and look for the veins
When baby is fully absorbed the veins will be clear no blood
Baby has air and not shrink wrapped so it’s okay for him ti stay in the egg
Trust me the yolk is way safer inside that egg then hatching to soon and it being exposed

Okay
It can take 24-48 hours after the first external pip
You just helped a little to soon
I would wait 48 hours then check for veins
The way I do this is take my candler to the shell behind his head area
Usually I can see in the egg as baby has moved down
I don’t normally have a hole that big but You can try this but also moisten the Membrane and look for the veins
When baby is fully absorbed the veins will be clear no blood
Baby has air and not shrink wrapped so it’s okay for him ti stay in the egg
Trust me the yolk is way safer inside that egg then hatching to soon and it being exposed
Thanks. Still not much change. I took a closer photo. Are it’s legs supposed to be above its head like that? The membrane is very dry and leathery feeling. Still leave it? It’s been 38 hours or so.

Thanks. Still not much change. I took a closer photo. Are it’s legs supposed to be above its head like that? The membrane is very dry and leathery feeling. Still leave it? It’s been 38 hours or so.
The 2nd photo shows the membrane without the coconut oil.

Attachments

• 7CE70EEC-FA93-450A-ACFC-9E920C51B665.jpeg
    7CE70EEC-FA93-450A-ACFC-9E920C51B665.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 7
  • 75A67A37-59E4-404F-B228-9A4677C02415.jpeg
    75A67A37-59E4-404F-B228-9A4677C02415.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 8
I see it moving it’s beak side to side like it might be trying to get through the membrane, but it’s too thick?

The 2nd photo shows the membrane without the coconut oil.
When you wet it do you see veins ?
If not you can start to pull off shell and pull back that membrane
Baby will push out so if there is any yolk left you need to have a small bowl to place baby in so it doesn’t move around and rupture the yolk sac
He does look a little stuck to be honest

Back
Top Bottom