Can silkies be with regular sized chicks?

What should I do?

• Separate them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hazelbunny

Songster
Jan 19, 2018
Ontario, canada
Hello
We ordered 10 chicks that will be here in may. 5 are self blue silkies and 5 are Dominique's. The first time I got silkies I didn't have them in the same broader as the others because they came at different times. This time we are getting them together and I don't know if they can be together since silkies chicks are smaller than Dominique chicks.
Have you kept any type of bantam chick with regular sized chicks in the broader? Or should I have them separate from the others.

My friend had silkie chicks with her regular sized ones. My question is, when they grow up, should they be kept with normal sized chickens? Some of my chickens are mean....
In my flock I have a d,uccle will all regular sized chickens and they are mean to her it’s just the pecking order I would help if I could but there’s just nothing you can do but if the little ones are brave enough then they will not be at the complete bottom

My friend had silkie chicks with her regular sized ones. My question is, when they grow up, should they be kept with normal sized chickens? Some of my chickens are mean....
I have 2 silkies living with bigger chickens and they are doing just fine! I'm getting new silkies for two reasons. 1 they are ADORABLE! And 2 i think they do better in groups.(I had more but one by one they got picked off by predators)

I have one silkie and she lives with the other hens. She gets picked on quite a bit but my biggest hen always seems to stand up for her.

When raised with large fowl, silkies and other bantams generally do well. Introducing them to an established flock of large fowl is when most problems arise.

Back
Top Bottom