CAN SOMEBODY WHO SEWS. . . .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Oct 9, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I think what really got me p.o.'d was him saying "She's YOUR dog!!" [​IMG] We've had her 1O years!! She's "mine" because she comes to me with her complaints, because she knows I'll either fix it or MAKE him fix it, while he'd rather ignore her.

2. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Songster

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    A friend of mine had a darn it doll - that's a cloth doll with a wooden spoon inside it that you can beat against the counter and yell "darn it! darn it! darn it!" You need one of those to beat against DH!

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* That's awesome, Kodiak!! But, you should have kept it to yourself and made up a few million of them. Think they'd be big sellers when not much else is at the moment!! Can I get one with an EXTRA-LARGE wooden spoon inside??

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  4. erthymom2

erthymom2 Songster

May 23, 2008
    I made "darn-IT" dolls for the girls in our office one year ceause we got an interum supervisor who was...you guessed it, a male and an idiot!!
    We all used ours to smack the desk, wring it's neck or squeeze the be-jesums out of it, and quietly swear when he did something inconsiderate or just plain stupid.
    d.k :

* make me a life-size cloth dummy of my DH so that I can beat it with my possum stick?? I have had a double ear infection for 2 wks- Got antibiotics today. Asked him to do 2 simple things: put the dog's collar on her after I had given her a bath, and asked him to change her dirty water bowl and he balked at both!!! I need a dummy to man-bash!!!​

5. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    Yep, men are pretty usless. Only good for one thing [​IMG]

6. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "One thing"
    meaning take the garbage out?

7. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Songster

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Unbelievable! What happened to "love, honor, and cherish until death do us part"?

Makes me really appreciate the one I have.

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:yep:)

9. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    You are too nice. If I would of asked for help and anyone, let alone my SO pulled a stunt like that well here is what I would of done.

I would of got up and got a suitcase down right in front of him and started packing his clothes. When he asked what I was doing I would of been very calm when I told him that:

This is a family, family's work together. If you can't help with the family when I am so sick that I can hardly stand then what am I feeding you for. I would continue to pack his bags not saying another word. He could rant and rave all he wanted, then I would hand them to him and say good luck, just let me know when you decide you want to be a family and I will let you know if I am willing to give you another chance, after I think long and hard about it.

I am a *itch, if I am going to have to do it all alone then I might as well be alone and at least if I am alone then I have 1 less to pick up after. It is also one less person I have to try to train after someone else has already screwed them up.

10. peapickinchicks

peapickinchicks Songster

May 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Zookeeper9000,

You said it gal![​IMG]

I thank God for my DH and DS, I was having really bad panic attacks back in July, terrible NEVER experienced anything like it in my life. Every time I would burst into tears they would stop whatever they were doing and come running to console me. My son is 15.5 years old and when my DH was not home he would hold me and console me as well he's such a good boy and yes I'm one proud momma and wife. I did have an ex who was Mr. Insensitive and self-centered so God Bless your heart I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: