Can someone clarify these comb types?

Both look like rose combs but the first bird looks like she might be split for single comb which would explain the uneveness.
That would make sense because she is half cream legbar, the breeder also says she is half welsummer but I'm not 100% sure of that side, because she has feathered legs and the comb from above.

Brahma x Cochin, sorry that's just what I call them cause I have a few brahma x cochins some of the people I talk too also have a few so we just call them brochins, sorry sometimes I forget not everyone has a special name for the cross 😅

I'm pretty sure the first one is a rose comb and the second is a cushion comb, but I may be wrong so can someone correct me and tell me what types of combs these are?

That's what I think I see, too.

Cushion comb is genetically rose comb AND pea comb. So it's wide like a rose comb, but tends to be smaller and smoother because of the pea comb.

In genetics terminology, all rose + pea combs are "walnut" combs, but people give them names like cushion and strawberry because of their appearance.

I thought pea combs were when they had three rows? I had 4 ameruacanas, an olive egger, and a brochin, that all had the three row combs. If that is a Pea comb what do Ameruacanas have? This is our Brochin, is this not a pea comb?

Yes, all of those have pea combs.
Pea combs sometimes have 3 rows, but sometimes they are less organized, and sometimes just a smooth little lump.
https://www.cacklehatchery.com/dark-cornish.html
For example, the Dark Cornish pictured on this hatchery website have pea combs, but they do not have three neat rows.

Back
Top Bottom