Can someone help me quickly?

Well the 2nd egg, already tore through that membrane and when she jumped it came out on its own. Yes it was a prolapsed vent. I washed her, lubed her and put it back in, and rinsed with sugar water. She seems normal now and it looks like it stayed in. I did let her back in the yard for now since I need to do some hurricane prep. The neighbor is giving me a carrier to use for the weekend in case she has another problem, I will be able to seperate her from the other ones.
I hope this is a one time incident!

Last edited:
YAY! I'm glad you got her and helped! I hope she doesn't try to dust bathe, just make sure her insides stay there, and keep them clean. She sounds like she's going to be ok, just monitor her.

Thank you everyone for the responses. As of now she is back to acting normal and happy. Everything is staying where it belongs. I am going to monitor her closely and I really hope it doesn't return. I do however get a bad feeling (or just my luck), that she may continue to have the issue moving ahead in the future. Please send a little prayer she pulls though this. She really is a ham and a sweet little girl, and I would hate to lose her as we move ahead.

Hey Sandy,
This just happened to me today and the membrane broke just like yours. Have you had any issues since then? I have my baby separated from the rest of the girls and medicated the problem area and it looks as if everything is back inside. I am worried about what will happen when she lays again with a hole in that membrane...

Back
Top Bottom