Can someone help me tell what he is

Chickadee29

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Florida
I bought this rooster a while back for my ladies and have been trying to figure out what he is. My ladies are Rhode Island Red Hens. Well I got their first offspring beginning of February and wanting to sell them but don't really know what to put them as. Can someone please help me figure out what he is. I have been going back and forth between New Hampshire or Welsummer. I hope someone can help.

Last edited:
I have sent you a PM with my email. I will gladly upload and post them for you.

The red in your rooster’s legs is normal due to his hormones.

welcome-byc.gif

He is a big beautiful Rooster and very productive. The picture of the chicks are the babies from him and my RIR Hens. I am not sure what he is I see this kind then I see the other so I am so confused. I don't know what to tell people that want my chicks what kind he is. I have some pure blooded RIR chicks coming up right now so I will have a rooster when they come to age but I am looking to get one now to make them pure Rhode Island Red.

Sell them as RIRx chicks, and when asked, say you are not sure what his breeding is; you can describe his appearance, but I would STRONGLY caution against calling him a welsumer, which would lead people to expect dark eggs.

Back
Top Bottom