Paquito baby

Hatching
May 25, 2020
Hi I'm new here, I made this account looking for a little help, I have a beautiful rooster his name is Paquito his comb is huge as result it is folding between a little fold he had white just like humans with dandruff, then it became much bigger and started to get black, I'm scared I don't want him to be sick or something
He gets exercise eats a lot is in general a happy baby what could it be? How can I help him?
I can't take him to the vet because two people in our home are risk patient (high dying risk covid19)
Can someone please help?
IMG_20200525_184727.jpg

Hi I'm new here, I made this account looking for a little help, I have a beautiful rooster his name is Paquito his comb is huge as result it is folding between a little fold he had white just like humans with dandruff, then it became much bigger and started to get black, I'm scared I don't want him to be sick or something
He gets exercise eats a lot is in general a happy baby what could it be? How can I help him?
I can't take him to the vet because two people in our home are risk patient (high dying risk covid19)
Can someone please help?
View attachment 2159870
Don't worry he just has a big comb, some breeds of chickens have this when they get older. How old is he?

Can someone please help?
View attachment 2159870
People where I’m from usually will cut off parts of the combs when they start to get big and fall over because they don’t want the comb obstructing their vision. They just inject the base of the comb with lidocaine and take surgical scissors to cut it to make the comb smaller. They don’t remove the entire comb because the comb helps control body temperature. Some of the combs I’ve scene I wouldn't even be able to tell that they we cut down at all. Idk if this practice is considered inhumane. I’ve never had to do this to any of my birds before. To me it sounds more humane than dubbing where they remove the entire comb. I have a birds that was dubbed before I got him.

People where I’m from usually will cut off parts of the combs when they start to get big and fall over because they don’t want the comb obstructing their vision. They just inject the base of the comb with lidocaine and take surgical scissors to cut it to make the comb smaller. They don’t remove the entire comb because the comb helps control body temperature. Some of the combs I’ve scene I wouldn't even be able to tell that they we cut down at all. Idk if this practice is considered inhumane. I’ve never had to do this to any of my birds before. To me it sounds more humane than dubbing where they remove the entire comb. I have a birds that was dubbed before I got him.
Do you think the little black spot is from how heavy it is?

Can someone please help?
View attachment 2159870
If it has dandruff like flaking put some Vaseline on it for a week it should go away

Back
Top Bottom