Can someone help me with breed?????? (pics)

shawnm2639

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Woodlake Ca
Ok..had these girls for a while..don't know what they are...I call them.."wild girls" they are usually referred to as "game hens".

27903_dsc02468.jpg

This is only one of them...she has smaller feathers on her neck.

27903_dsc02441.jpg

I know not great photos..just give me a direction to go...these ladies are very small gals.

27903_dsc02471.jpg

Thanks

Thanks gang...thats what I thought...they are really small and my husband said "bantams" but I thought bantams have a breed and "old english bantams" sounds right...I will post a close up to the first one later..she has pheasents like collar feathers. The other four just have different color tail..two hens have light tails and two hens have dark tails...but the odd girl out ...who knows...thanks again.
thumbsup.gif

#1 Looks like something I know the name of but can't remember fort he life of me how to spell it.

#2 the light blue on the outside is a Traveling Blue Hen, or a Blue Roman. What color eggs?. Light hen in back is Claret.

#3 is a Claret. They are really flighty birds, hard to tame. Also, I love her comb... it's beautiful she almost looks like she's out of my stock. Hmm...

Thats my two sents.

ETA: My game birds are all between 2 and 4 lbs, roosters BARELY topping 6 if they are big boys and I only have one that's that big. Usually the Roo's of game birds average at about 4.5 - 5 lbs. All my hens are just enough bigger than a banty you know they aren't one. What color are their legs? That'd be easier for me to tell.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree. Strains wise it is hard to say, the first i would agree is some type of hatch. But the others could be Kelso, Claret, Albany, Yellow legged hatch (if they have yellow legs which I'm assuming probably do), crosses, you name it.. The one in the center picture at the back does appear to have blue blood, but what kind is again- unable to say without breeder knowledge and even then the breeder may not know.

-Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom