can someone please tell me what I have??? Pic

Would help to know a little history. The brown hen , looks like it could be a hatchery grade welsumer. I have no idea about the rooster.

Ummmm i was given the brown hen from one my fiance's friend and the rooster was brought to me by an animal control officer someone had it in their yard and they weren't zoned agriculture he was tied to a stick by one of his legs.

Well that doesnt help much but thanks for answering, I am going to have to stand by my guess on the hen (if she lays a dark ,almost mahogany brown egg that will confirm welsumer).

The tied by the leg thing is something that people tend to do with birds of the game variety. He is a handsome fellow for sure.

usually when they're tied like that ('round here at least) they're for fighting, but not always.
he looks like he has gorgeous feet!
smile.png
lol they look black/purple!

roosters not a gamefowl (at ALL) therefore most likely isn't used for fighting either. If your fiances friend gave you the hen couldn't they tell you what it is?

-Daniel

PS. post not meant to sound mean or anything

Rooster looks mixed to me. The hen looks game. Maybe a golden phoenix hen. Definitely, ask your fiance's friend what she is. That is if the friend can be reached. Good luck.

Animal control lied to your friend. "Tied to a stick" sounds like some ca-ca the big mouth folks say to inflame people for donations. That is a hatchery rooster, not a game. The hen is some kind of mutt.

Back
Top Bottom