Can someone tell me what this is!

Chizs1985

Chirping
Jul 17, 2020
This is Spike, she is my gorgeous girl but I have no idea what she is.
She is a bantam that was actually sold to me as a buff orpington 🤣🤣.
She is very nimble and inquisitive.
I know she will be a mix of things but I would like to have a vague idea.
They are not great photos, she doesn't stand still.

Attachments

• 20210114_145240.jpg
    20210114_145240.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201206_075035.jpg
    20201206_075035.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201219_110024.jpg
    20201219_110024.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 12

She is beautiful! I’d say she’s definitely a good mix of some breeds!

I'm no expert, but she seems too slim-built to be a bantam Orpington -- not to mention the wrong color for a buff and the yellow legs.

Game cross, maybe?

She's definitely not a buff orpington, that's just what I bought her as when I had no idea what one was!! 😁 I think they saw me coming, none of the ones I bought from her turned out to be anything like what she said (not that I dont love them all dearly).

Before I went to the farm store for chicks last June I studied hatchery catalogs so that I'd know what the chicks of the breeds I wanted ought to look like.

Then I lucked out -- having not only chosen the right farm store but, by going on the day that the chicks arrived, I was there on the day that the store's chicken expert was there to inspect the shipment and she helped me pick 2 SLWs out of the "Assorted Wyandottes" so that I didn't end up with a color I didn't like.
Sadly I was in a massive rush having had a single speckled sussex hatch and hadn't done my research, just needed a couple of friends for the baby.
No idea what this one is but she is a lovely bird, she 'talks' to me, climbs on shoulders and today she has become the first of our flock to lay an egg so I cant complain.

I am looking at getting a GLW and a SLW in the next couple of weeks. Reputable dealer this time!!!

She's definitely not a buff orpington, that's just what I bought her as when I had no idea what one was!! 😁 I think they saw me coming, none of the ones I bought from her turned out to be anything like what she said (not that I dont love them all dearly).

Before I went to the farm store for chicks last June I studied hatchery catalogs so that I'd know what the chicks of the breeds I wanted ought to look like.

Then I lucked out -- having not only chosen the right farm store but, by going on the day that the chicks arrived, I was there on the day that the store's chicken expert was there to inspect the shipment and she helped me pick 2 SLWs out of the "Assorted Wyandottes" so that I didn't end up with a color I didn't like.

Where did you get her?

Back
Top Bottom