Can these hatch? Air sac fills half the egg at day 7. Pics.

Bantam Username

Songster
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
I have just candled on day 7 and only 2 eggs look normal, there are another 2 that seem to be doing well except that the air sack covers half the egg along the side as well as the end, and seems so big.
Sorry for the shoddy pics, either these shells are very thick or my torch is running out, although it seems bright enough when its not on the egg.
hmm.png

102391_pics_4404.jpg

102391_pics_4405.jpg

They do have veining etc, it just barely shows up, the eggs are white but these seem really hard to candle for some reason.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, have just bought a thermometer/ hydrometer (I still don't know if I've spelt that second one right) online a couple of days ago as its an rcom mini so most of them won't fit it in it. Managed to find a mini one online, just waiting for it to arrive now.
smile.png

I had a tiny delaware chick hatch out from shipped eggs that had really big air cells when they arrived.. I think the seller sent me old eggs.. but anyway... he's doing fine even if he's half the size of chicks that were hatched out the day before... so just keep in mind that if you DO have chicks hatch out of any eggs with large air cells that they may be a bit smaller and a bit slower in catching up with other chicks of the same age

Back
Top Bottom