Can they go outside today?

RJ3

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Northern wi
I'm wondering if my 7 chicks can go outside today. Its over 80°, but it is very windy. So windy that my kids are walking sideways to get across the yard. The chicks seem to have alot of feathers and they are healthy. Can I take them out?

If your kids are having to walk sideways to keep their balance, I am sure the wind would love to play bowling with the chicks.
tongue.png

That was my thought too, I'm just so impatient! Lol I really want to see the chickys play in the yard.
big_smile.png

i would wait if it's that windy your chicks may take flight and no mean too i know mine don't like gusty wind

I know how you feel....we have had really warm weather..than today turned 65 and rain..while I love the rain..not a good day for outdoor play lol

I'm glad to know spring is messed up all across the country and not just in Wi! Makes me feel a little better
smile.png
Yesterday it was 80 w thunderstorms and hail, last week it rained every day, the week before that it snowed and three weeks ago the weather was a perfect 70°. We haven't even been in our house a year yet but it seems like we are in a very windy spot. Finding the right place to build our coop has been a challenge, we only have two places safe from the wind. Thankfully, my Dad talked my hubby into turning the potting shed into a hen house or we couldn't have gotton chickens!
cool.png

Normally we are in the high 70s right about now but it has gotten in the 90s and windy..it sounds like storms and we have clouds..which is good..we could use the rain!

Back
Top Bottom