Can they make it?

busyteacher

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
I started incubating 10 eggs on March 26th. The lady I got them from said they had been laid the Wednesday and Thursday before. I counted forward 21 days from when she said they were laid to get a hatch date. I took them out of the turner this past Monday afternoon. They still haven't hatched! My husband and I went up to check on them today and we.were going to open one up to see what had happend. When he tapped it on the counter we heard a peep from inside! So I'm thinking maybe my days were wrong, but that means they were taken out of the turner too soon. Is there still hope? My husband thinks the shells are too hard for them to break through on their own. Has anyone ever heard of something like that? I always thought they would be strong enough to break out themselves. Any advice would be appreciated! And to clarify, we did not break any of them open once we heard the one peep inside.

You counted wrong. The eggs do not start incubating until they are warmed. You put them in the incubator on march 26th, correct? that makes today day 20. You count the day after you put them inside the incubator as day one, not the day they are laid. Your eggs are perfectly fine. Set on your hands, and do nothing. Remember that it can take up to 48 hours for them to hatch, after they pip.

As an example, I put my eggs inside the incubator on April 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM
April 11, 2012
, at 5:41 PM was day one into incubation.

Don't forget to let us know how it goes!
smile.png

Thanks! It's the pregnancy brain that is getting to me! I will continue to let them sit in the incubator then and not throw them out.

Back
Top Bottom