Can we have a moment of silence... (Now with pics)

Quote:
That sounds awfully suspicious
wink.png

OK, here goes. First thing to remember is that it's not finished. It still needs painted, I think I'm going to change the pop door a bit, the perch needs put in, the roof needs put on (duh!), and there are bits and pieces here and there left to stick on. The roof's staying off for the moment, though, because it's going to be a "big girl brooder" for about a week and a half, maybe two, because the chicks are getting a bit too big for their cage!

Here's from the outside; door-side view. You can see I have one full door and one partial (the full will be getting a bedding retainer in a bit here). The top is open, and will have hardware wire on it, with the roof put over that and the ends left open for vents (well, wired up, for double protection, but still "open". You can see the gaps on the nesting box side where I still need to put in the wedges -- I cut them today, but they need sanded down and I ran out of time.

25978_tractor_small4.jpg

End view, nesting box side; the box will have the overhang of the roof to protect it, plus a flap of roofing felt is going to go over lid and hinges:

25978_tractor_small3.jpg

Interior view, facing the pop door. What pop door, you say? Well, if you look close, you can see that the biggest board is bolted on with wing-nuts on either side. That whole thing comes off at the moment. I think I'm going to change that to having a hinge on the far side, and bolt on the door side, so it swings open, but bolts shut. Wing-nuts are on the inside, so it's coon-safe.

25978_tractor_small2.jpg

Interior view, facing the nesting box. It's a little tight, and it's at floor level, both of which I know aren't ideal, but it will be farthest away from most activity, and dark, and cozy:

25978_tractor_small1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom