Can we have a moment of silence... (Now with pics)

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
...for my back (and my checkbook!)

Erf, I don't know how you people do it
My brother and I spent a day and a half on the mobile coop portion of our giant chicken tractor, and now I need a trip to the chiropractor (or the emergency room).

The good news is that the thing is gonna be built like a bunker. The bad news is that it weighs a ton. But that's OK, because I found one of those 1200 lb rated wagons for a decent price, so the only time we're going to have to lift the thing is to turn it over to paint and put on its wheels.

Last edited:

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Actually I feel a step or two off of deceased

And, yup, I need to get pictures! I was going to document the process, but once we got down to it, I just wanted to get things done, and I don't think my brother wanted to stand around while I took snapshots, either!

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
Oh yay congrats! I feel your pain, DH and I have been modifying the chicken coop/run every day for a week now after work and its killing me but man it looks nice and feels good to see those little guys running around in such a nice enclosure!

I give your back its moment of much-deserved silence!

jojo@rolling acres farm

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Nebraska
Your back and checkbook may be hurting but, at least your sense of humor is still in place. Your posting made me laugh out loud...thanks - I needed that!

You'll have to post pictures...congrats on your accomplishment!

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
jojo@rolling acres farm :

Your back and checkbook may be hurting but, at least your sense of humor is still in place. Your posting made me laugh out loud...thanks - I needed that!

Always obliged.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Medford, Oregon
I wanna see pics as well.

When I had my son help me move the 3 cattle panels I bought while I was explaining how we were going to build the thing and I only needed help with attaching the panels to the frame. His response was "that thing is going to weigh a ton".

My response "that's ok, I'm going to put wheels on it".

Can't wait to see yours.

Auntbeast

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Rabun County, GA
My husband blew out his back BEFORE we started on my coop! Great timing on your part, if I do say so myself. Now drag what is left of you out there and get us some pics!

I don't know if you have noticed, you can not say you did something in this forum, without providing proof.

Top Bottom