Look what we did/are doing! UPDATE 8/26

what a fabulous idea to put the top of the fencing at the bottom to create the scalloped edge- it adds so much charm and drama! The panel with the cut out of chickens with eggs... WHOA!! That is AMAZING!!! How did he do that? Did he transfer on the picture and then use a router or something to cut it out?? Just wondering how the cut out looks so amazing! The coop and the run are gorgeous! Totally love this coop!
love.gif

Oh, that is just a beautiful coop....I would just like to borrow your husband for a bit.........
wink.png
He's a talented carpenter, that's for sure!

And your chicks were just darling...I would love to see more pics of them!

Take care,
Sharon

Quote:
That cutout panel with hardware cloth backing is sooooo very clever and cute and creative. Really great job! You could probably start your own business selling those...just sayin'.

cool.png

We have sand! I may have gone over board and ordered WAY too much, 2 tons when probably 1 ton would have done the trick, oops. Aw well, live and learn. We went with concrete sand. I was hoping to find what I keep seeing referred on here to as river sand but the 2 sand and gravel places I went to didnt offer it or know what I was taking about so this what the next best thing. The sand makes the coop look so fresh and clean! Yes, i realize its only been in the for a few hours and it wont look so nice once there poop all over it but its better than the bare dirt. The chickens were a little unsure if it at first but once I tossed some goodies on top of it no one seemed to notice, except for Chicken Pot Pie who is still perched up on an roost in the run refusing to get down. I also got around to making a nesting box yesterday and a roost. They arent perfect but they'll do the job for now. Only thing left to do is finish off the inside on the hinged wall with some plywood and raise up the waterer. Now that the sand is in there the waterer is way too low. With any luck the coop will be 100% done after this weekend!
92406_dscn0562.jpg

92406_dscn0572.jpg

92406_dscn0568.jpg

Poor Pot Pie!
92406_dscn0576.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto everyone's comments. I wish my Mike was a fraction as handy as your Mike! Your coop would be perfect for our rainy climate. I may have to stick this coop in my coop wish list file for the future! Awesome job.

Back
Top Bottom