Can we help out a friend??

I know you are heartbroken, and I just wanted you to know I am SO very sorry for what has happened. I have made mistakes that have cost me the lives of some of my beloved pets and animal friends, so I do have an idea of how you feel. If your little guy does not come back, grieve for him, cherish his memory, but don't let guilt torment you. Forgive yourself, give your pets all the time and love you can, and let God, in His loving way, help your heartbreak heal. You are in my prayers tonight.

(Ok heres mine)

Sheri,
Please dont beat up your self over this and he is in a better place now were those evil animals cant and will not kill him. H e was a sweetie. Atleast he got to see the country (actually just the pumkin patch
smile.png
) but you remember this I love you as my one and only Grandma and you dont forget this!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Love,
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
i can totally relate. its really hard for me to understand how something like this can happen the ONE time you make a mistake. its makes me feel really guilty, like a failure, and really really angry, and most of all like i let down my friend. But Biggy wouldnt want you to kick yourself. He had a good life. so grieve for now but try to let it go when you can. dont replay the mistakes youve made over and over in your head like i do. no good comes of that. Remember the good times you had with your beloved pet.

Sheri,
heres one Karen wanted me to send ya

Dear Freind of Ryan-- I am sorry for your loss- I know you must feel terrible and responsible.But you are only human.I left the door open on the pen of my imported red silkies one night and lost one of thehens. I am lucky I didn't lose them all.You can only do your best. Don't beat yourself up over things you can't change.

I can relate to your situation, I've been there. It's hard not to beat yourself up over it but you have all your other birdies to care for so try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm sure Biggy had an awesome life and you took great care of him. You and Biggy are in my thoughts!
hugs.gif

Ryan's grandma;

There are no words to really comfort you in your grief for your little guy. Nobody undersstands better thatn BYCers how attached we get to our birds, and vice versa. Your little guy will live in your heart forever. Please forgive yourself. It was an honest mistake, and the kind that many on BYC have made.

Many hugs to you.

Is it possible he jumped down and wandered off and will appear when you are totally convinced he is not coming back? Has happened to me!

So sorry for your loss.

We have had chickens taken from us before and it is always the special ones that it happens too.

Praying for you to grief your loss and look to the future... more chickens waiting for your loving care.

Sarah

Back
Top Bottom