Can we put a trio of call ducks with our two [pair] of call ducks?

cloudy

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Hi We have a breeding pair of Call ducks and we have the chance of getting a trio two female and one male but i am worried they might fight the two males? we was just looking for two hens only for our male.
the Trio is just down the lane had the chap is Desperate to find them a good home, can any one advise please Sue
hu.gif

Hi We have a breeding pair of Call ducks and we have the chance of getting a trio two female and one male but i am worried they might fight the two males? we was just looking for two hens only for our male.
the Trio is just down the lane had the chap is Desperate to find them a good home, can any one advise please Sue
hu.gif
i have 3 drakes in with 4 hens and everyone gets along good with only the ocasional squabble

we have got a few about!!

but just the one pair of call ducks as we have just lost a silver hen very sad she was only three years old, she been very fit and healthy then she went lame then seemed to get better the next day, but the following day she was lame again no heat in the foot or leg but she was not happy me touching her at the top of her leg

we decided to take her to the vets next day as she was starting to lose a little bit of weight, but sadly we found her dead in her house this was all in three days they are all well cared for and come in at night.
hu.gif

we do get a few wild Mallards pop in and out and our male call will attack them if they come his side of the fence; so was concerned about having these others all together in there house at night.
Sue

I have 2 male calls and 2 females with 2 9/10 week old drakes and same age female and they all get along fine. They will fight a bit at first just to decide a pecking order but should be fine and will soon settle

Call drakes can be pretty nasty to eachother when you first introduce them - but once they figure out who's biggest and baddest, everything settles back down. You kind of have to just walk away and try not to worry about them while they work it out. I just re-arranged my Call breeding pens a few days ago - the boys acted like they wanted to murder eachother for the first 12 hours or so, and I was a worried mess even though I do this every spring and I knew they would be fine!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom