Can you add poly-vi-sol to water???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Penske, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Penske

Penske Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Chicks are 4 days old. Day two they got gr-gel, day 3 and this morning they had vit/electrolyte in water. Now just plain water. I ordered Avia Charge 2000. Should I add poly-vi-sol to water until the Avia Charge gets here???They were shipped...

Any advice?

lisa

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Unless your chicks are sick they only need fresh water and starter feed. You can over do the good stuff and cause fatal damage to them.

Chicks showing obvious shipping stress benefit from the extra boost the first day or two. After that unless they show signs of illness they only need clean fresh water and chick starter.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    All most people use on day olds is sugar water for the first day to give them an extra boost from being shipped...

Poly-vi-sol is just a supplement most have on hand in their medicine cabinets that can be used for sick birds in a pinch...

Avia Charge 2000 is a mineral supplement for just plain good health in all kinds of Poultry...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. Penske

Penske Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Miss Prissy and Tuffold, thank you.

Tuffold, do you use the Avia Charge regularly? or just during anticipated times of stress?

Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by