Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

Quote:
congratultions on being in a small town? carpeteria is in CA by the Pacific.

So you think that its a good deal to charge people $5 just to drop off a bird and $15 to have it butchered and freezer ready? I might be in a small town but there is only one poultry slaughter house in the state and $3 per bird is what they charge
what they charge.

amish which live right next to hunting and fishing camp my parents go to everyweekend did it for $1 per chicken and since my dads always at camp and dropped them off on his way i dont count gas.

I think it's a great idea,

i gave away 23 roos and 11 more a month later to the guys that trim the trees for the entergy company, they used them to feed their familes, i did not want anything but i ended up getting 15 truck loads of bark mulch that is breaking down an will be going into my gardens as needed.

Quote:
Maybe... but to me... it's an advertisement for services...

Take Roos.... that's a service. YOU don't have to hunt for a farm to take him, don't have to make an ad, don't have to keep feeding him when you know you aren't keeping him, don't have to deal with the 'cockiness', don't have to slaughter DD's friend (if you don't want to) etc.... it's a service...

And note that he doesn't specify age, but says CHICK turns out to be a roo you can't (AC) keep or don't want to, etc... then HE will feed it to slaughter size... and then slaughter and eat it. He won't pay for a chicken no one wants, but he is willing to invest the time and money for feed/etc on it if you are NOT.

He's not asking for a dime for taking your roo, not asking you to drop off feed, nothing. Just saying, for those who get stuck with a roo you can bring him here.

And he made a point of saying that he will NOT take money for taking this meat. But if you want to purchase something... GET something for your money... then I sell yada yada and yada. But it isn't needed to drop off a FREE rooster.

Don't see anything wrong with that ad at all. Any more than the ads that OFFER a free rooster... particularly ones who do that inside a city they KNOW doesn't allow roosters... and don't bother mentioned "Peeps in ___ don't bother answering because he's just as illegal for you as for me"... nope, don't mention that at all... wonder how many people have gotten one only to be told by AC, via their neighbor's call, that they aren't allowed and back on CL he goes?

I think its a great idea.. And way nicer on the hens and roos involved.. No hen injuries from too many roos and no roos fighting..

I can't count how many times I've seen people post here on BYC that they have pullets that turned out to be roos, and they ask what they can do with them. This guy sounds like he can solve that problem for a lot of people who are stuck with birds they don't want. I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I think it's a great idea.

Quote:
Maybe... but to me... it's an advertisement for services...

Take Roos.... that's a service. YOU don't have to hunt for a farm to take him, don't have to make an ad, don't have to keep feeding him when you know you aren't keeping him, don't have to deal with the 'cockiness', don't have to slaughter DD's friend (if you don't want to) etc.... it's a service...

And note that he doesn't specify age, but says CHICK turns out to be a roo you can't (AC) keep or don't want to, etc... then HE will feed it to slaughter size... and then slaughter and eat it. He won't pay for a chicken no one wants, but he is willing to invest the time and money for feed/etc on it if you are NOT.

He's not asking for a dime for taking your roo, not asking you to drop off feed, nothing. Just saying, for those who get stuck with a roo you can bring him here.

And he made a point of saying that he will NOT take money for taking this meat. But if you want to purchase something... GET something for your money... then I sell yada yada and yada. But it isn't needed to drop off a FREE rooster.

Don't see anything wrong with that ad at all. Any more than the ads that OFFER a free rooster... particularly ones who do that inside a city they KNOW doesn't allow roosters... and don't bother mentioned "Peeps in ___ don't bother answering because he's just as illegal for you as for me"... nope, don't mention that at all... wonder how many people have gotten one only to be told by AC, via their neighbor's call, that they aren't allowed and back on CL he goes?

i'm sorry but you misunderstood my point which was in agreeance to you so no need to sell the idea to me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom