Can you clip ringneck pheasants wings so they can't fly?

That isn't completely true. Oregon State (where I am from) says that any game birds that you keep or release on your land must have be tagged/banded.

You can certainly have pheasants, chukars, or quail you raise domestically and kept in a uncovered yard/pen if you clip the wings, as long as you have purchased Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife bandings. For example, I bought a 100 packet for $5.

If you have vast lands, much like many hunting reserves or pay-to-shoot gamelands, you have 100-500 acres of land where the birds you raise can be on. They are free-range and still banded for the specialty hunts.

The only laws you will have to follow are any municipal or NPIP clean state laws if you are going to sell the birds.

I've heard you can clip the pheasants, but have not seen a video or graphic on how it's done.

If you clip their wings,you are taking their only defense away from them.Flight is their defense,nothing else.You people are supposed to accommidate for your birds,not for yourself.The idea of fencing them in is to keep predators out,not to keep the birds in.If you can't raise them safely,maybr you should stick to chickens.
In N.H.,Tony.

If you clip their wings,you are taking their only defense away from them.Flight is their defense,nothing else.You people are supposed to accommidate for your birds,not for yourself.The idea of fencing them in is to keep predators out,not to keep the birds in.If you can't raise them safely,maybr you should stick to chickens.
In N.H.,Tony.
Are you always this rude??

Back to the posts topic, I am getting my first Ringnecks this spring and built a 30X30 enclosed pen for them with netting covering the top.

I don't like to beat around the bush,that's the way people read into what they want.Straight forward is the best way I can think of.People are always trying to think of ways for the birds to fit their lifestyle, and not thinking of the birds needs,and if you choose to raise birds,you need to protect them,not change them to your lifestyle.They want to raise them because they are beautiful creatures,and then they feel the need to change the colors in the birds.God created them the way he intended them to be.I believe the topic was clippimg their wings so they can't fly.Like I said flight is their only defense,and clipping their wing so you can watch them in your yard,only makes it easier for predators to catch and eat them.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom