1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you eat an egg from a chicken who is on tetroxy hca-280?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vtara16, Dec 5, 2009.

1. vtara16

vtara16 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    North Hampton
    Does anyone know if we can eat eggs from a chicken who is on Tetroxy HCA-280?

any help would be great.

2. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

Check the FDA website, I found out I could eat my hens eggs 2 days after we discontinued antibiotics.

3. twin2ty

twin2ty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    How did you find this? I looked, but didn't see where it indicated how long before you could consume the eggs.

4. FryeFarm

FryeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I have heard of this problem, you can go to the website of the maker of your feed and it should tell you how long it takes to flush the antibiotics out of your hens after being taken off that feed. I bypassed this all and got feed store crumbles that only have an added thiamine blocker with vitamins, what I read was that the eggs were fine to eat while phasing it out with layer. We've been eating them and have no problems, now they're almost completely on layer.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by