Can you encourage a hen to go broody?

A lot of people will give you different answers on this. But I'm testing a "refrigerator hatch" and just pulled out six eggs that had been in the fridge for about two weeks. I candled them last night - just five days into incubation - and they ALL have blood vessels developing! Maybe the cold keeps the fertile eggs safe much longer. Or maybe I just have that kind of luck. Whatever it is, those are REALLY good odds!

A lot of people will give you different answers on this. But I'm testing a "refrigerator hatch" and just pulled out six eggs that had been in the fridge for about two weeks. I candled them last night - just five days into incubation - and they ALL have blood vessels developing! Maybe the cold keeps the fertile eggs safe much longer. Or maybe I just have that kind of luck. Whatever it is, those are REALLY good odds!

I keep mine in a section of the house , where this is no heating. Our house is 165 years old and double brick. Even when it is 45 degrees Celsius outside it never gets higher than 16 inside.

Back
Top Bottom