Can you freeze jelly beans?

(Intercom) Calling Dr Imp, calling Dr Imp....report to ER for a possible jelly bean poisoning!
I do not think that, short of terrorists adulterating our precious jelly bean supply that it is possible to overdose on jelly beans!

However, Sedum rubrotinctum, commonly known as the Jelly Bean Plant, is poisonous.

Why anyone would name a poisonous plant after nature's most perfect food is beyond me.
tongue.gif

I think I just bought two of those at the local Master Gardener sale. They are poisonous? To Chickens??????? Do I need to call the master gardeners and ask for a refund or should I test it on a renegade roo first? [JK, really, just jk]

I do not think that, short of terrorists adulterating our precious jelly bean supply that it is possible to overdose on jelly beans!

However, Sedum rubrotinctum, commonly known as the Jelly Bean Plant, is poisonous.

Why anyone would name a poisonous plant after nature's most perfect food is beyond me.
tongue.gif
Are you sure that you can't eat the red ones?
droolin.gif

Will this help :

Grimace and Grin Cocktail Preparation: Method:
For this cocktail you need sharp-flavoured jelly beans (eg cherry, sour apple, lemon and apple etc). Place 70g of the jelly beans in a microwave-proof bowl (reserve the remainder). Pour over about 4 tbsp of the vodka, place in the microwave and microwave until the jelly beans have melted. Pour this mixture through a funnel into a bottle and then add the remaining vodka. Shake well to combine then add the reserved (whole) jelly beans. Seal the bottle and transfer to the refrigerator. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours before pouring into chilled shot glasses and serving.

Read more at Celtnet: http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/fetch-recipe.php?rid=misc-grimace-grin-cocktail
Copyright © celtnet

Imp

Isn't it amazing how many people the world over are fascinated enough with jelly beans to spend so much time inventing ways to eat them?
Either that, or they needed new ways to use up the glut of beans leftover from Easter that no kid would touch.
Can we have an estimate of how much valuable time OldGuy and Imp have spent ( won't mention sourland) researching the subject? And then how much useless time ( for comparison)?
Have to love 329 posts on jelly beans in a chicken forum.

Back
Top Bottom