Can you guess my pullets?

mrspnut82

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2015

Unknown TS pullets. Any idea what they are and how old? One has a brownish stripe down the back unlike the others.

Not Wyandottes as single combed (if they are all like the yellow chick with face full on to the camera).

Wyandottes are rose combed....looks like a horse shoe with the luck running down the beak at this age.

My guess would be Gold Sexlinks or Buff Orpington....I'm not seeing the dark stripe down the back...if you have one like that, especially a bit redder, then that will be a production red/RIR.

The black one looks to be a Black Sex Link.

Hard to tell for certain as many chicks of many breeds look like this.

LofMc

Last edited:
The black one is a Black Australorp so unrelated lol.

This is the one with brown down the back, also notice the eyeliner.

That is not a RIR or Production Red....not sure what it is....I would say white rock except for the eyeliner (assuming the blue tones of the photo are not messing with the chick colors too much)...next thought it looks like it will be blue of some sort...does it have a single comb? It *might* be a game of some sort.

Australorp chicks typically should have more of a penguin look which is why I took it for a BSL.

My guesses on that one.

LofMc

Last edited:

Hmm i thought it would be easier to figure out, there are so many different kinds! The black one said Australorp but there were others mixed in too that were on hold for someone I guess. She didnt seem very knowledgeble on them. I don't even know if it's female but I had to choose a straight run chick because there were only the 5 yellow in the pullets bucket and you have to buy in sixes.

But looking at grown delawares they have all white/yellow wings, these have white with black in the center of each feather.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom