can you hear the chick inside the egg with a stethascope?

Yes, you can.
big_smile.png

No kidding! I will have to borrow my daughters stethoscope. Wow! I can't wait....so glad I came to this thread. And to feel movement in an egg, toooo much!! What fun this all is!!
Thanks for the info, Rhonda (I learn so much on this site....
wink.png

You may be able to hear a heartbeat with one, and probably some movement a little later in development. Definitely hear it moving in the last 5-7 days.

Without a stethascope, you should be able to hear them start peeping about 2 days before they hatch- at least that's how it was for mine. It's reeeeeally quiet, especially if you're listening through a closed incubator. If you're bad like me, and you open the incubator the day before they hatch, you can hear them move without the stethascope too. But my room's a sauna (90 degrees and 65% humidity w/o AC *sob*), so opening the incubator doesn't do much to hurt them.

Last edited:
Quote:
Stethoscopes do not amplify, they only transmit sound, unless you have a special stethoscope that amplifies. So, you will very likely not hear anything that you could not hear by holding the egg up to your ear.

Any one know at what day you could hear the heart beat? Also, I can borrow a doppler from work (definately amplifies) but I would have to put a special gell on the egg to use it....would this hurt the chick?

Last edited:
Any one know at what day you could hear the heart beat?  Also, I can borrow a doppler from work (definately amplifies) but I would have to put a special gell on the egg to use it....would this hurt the chick?

Not sure if u can hear it but at day 2-4 u can see it if u candle it cuz u see a spider with a heart beat heart is bigger then the body at that time :)
About Doppler if it has gell I'd say no and any thing that needs a gell is an infrared that picks the pace of sound (I think u know better about a Doppler but I think it has infrared) and infrared is super damaging to the embryos development

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom