Can you help a newbie who is trying their best?

Thank you guys so much for the resources and information! I really wish I had found this information before…
You really have to dig around to find any information beyond the basics when it comes to these guys.
The trio is going to go out side here in the next few days. Just a couple finishing touches to put on their coop. I will probably get five or seven more keets in hopes of easy integration while everyone is still young.

What colors do I have? I’m going to assume the white one is staying white lol. Hopefully I upload the correct pictures 😆🙃

The hatcheries policy was that they would replace any that died within the first 72 hours. That seems fair to me, especially since it’s my fault they all died.

Notify whoever you got them from, they may replace them w/o charge. Agree whole heartedly re coccidiosis. And agree that one will mate, one will guard. Watching it play out now in my group.

To reply to a post, hit reply like you did here, but then you can type your response directly below the post you are quoting and responding to.

I find that if I do that and the original post is more than a few lines, the website doesn’t allow me to enter the text box. So I just can’t type anything. That’s why it’s taking me so long to respond to this thread, NY I posted just a copy of one of your messages one time. Nothing I did would let me edit the text box, including clearing it. So I just posted it in the hopes that it would be empty after that and I could put my cursor in, which it was.

You can upload photos two ways. As an attachment, click “Attach files” (lower left of text box) then navigate to your photo. You can also imbed in your post using the button that looks like a landscape picture (above and to the far left of text box).

Thank you, but neither of those methods seem to be written correctly to be utilized with a screen reader. At least, not most of the time? I was able to upload three photos with minimal issue, but the fourth time I just had a sighted person do it. When I use the embed option it tells me to drag and drop a photo or to click here. I click, and nothing happens. For uploading attachments, I can select my photo library and it brings it up, but then I can’t actually navigate the screen or activate a photo. It just constantly jumps me back to the cancel button.
Unfortunately, these sort of things are not an uncommon occurrence. People don’t tend to think about being inclusive for people with disabilities if they aren’t forced to.

Thank you, but neither of those methods seem to be written correctly to be utilized with a screen reader. At least, not most of the time? I was able to upload three photos with minimal issue, but the fourth time I just had a sighted person do it. When I use the embed option it tells me to drag and drop a photo or to click here. I click, and nothing happens. For uploading attachments, I can select my photo library and it brings it up, but then I can’t actually navigate the screen or activate a photo. It just constantly jumps me back to the cancel button.
Unfortunately, these sort of things are not an uncommon occurrence. People don’t tend to think about being inclusive for people with disabilities if they aren’t forced to.
Sorry to hear that! Maybe try the “contact us” page to get ahold of someone from BYCs who can help with page functionality?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/misc/contact

Back
Top Bottom