Can you help identify ducks gender?

I bought mine straight run back in January and wound up with 8 ladies and 9 drakes. I slowly started sending problem drakes to freezer camp, starting around 5 months old. I also had no idea when or how to tell, but it became very apparent when I had duck world war outside my front window, and my ladies were waking up without feathers on their necks.
Oh no!
I just gave away 4 roosters that were very aggressive (I have 26 hens). I only kept the smaller one, but he’s a little butt whole too 🤦🏻‍♀️

By looks alone you have one of each runner and khaki - and possibly 2 female cayuga. But you can't really go by looks - need to listen for that quack. All the females should be quacking by now. The drake feather wont come in until the second juvenile molt - around 14-16 weeks.

Good luck! (and when you need to do something depends on how many males, and their temperament.) Get rid of any drakes that mate too rough or are mean in general.
Thank you for your reply ❤️
If I go by sound then I have one Runner and 2 Cayuga hens. One runner and 2 khaki drakes.
I don’t think 3 and 3 is a good balance so I don’t know if I should get more girls or if I should make a separate enclosure for the boys. My husband will kill me either way 🤣

Oh no!
I just gave away 4 roosters that were very aggressive (I have 26 hens). I only kept the smaller one, but he’s a little butt whole too 🤦🏻‍♀️
I didn't want to do it... but knew it was going to have to happen. My flock is much happier now. We kept our favorite 3 drakes, and have a few more ducklings in hopes of getting a better ratio. Will likely have a few more drakes in the duckling bunch but for now all is well.

Back
Top Bottom