Can you help me identify my beautiful rooster?

billiecoleman

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 12, 2014
Hope you can help me. I'm a newby chicken owner and the picture is of my Rooster "Pepe". He is 6 1/2 months old and very large. I got him and 16 other chicks from a local farmer when he was 2 weeks old. They had hatched some chicks for show in the local school and then wanted to relocate the chicks after the show. Would love to know what breed or breeds he could be. Thank you and since I'm new to this site I'm really excited to hear from you all. I have 1/3 acre in Apache Junction and we are now getting about a dozen eggs a day from our 13 hens. They are so cute! I have another rooster to re-farm (not the one pictured) so if any one is interested he is sweet and 6 1/2 months old and a Buff Orpington I believe.

He really is beautiful! I see some barring, and also those white legs of his make me think Golden Cuckoo Marans, but also Cream Legbar, but then the comb isn't quite right. I'm just not sure. Maybe somebody will come along and know....

So pretty and thanks for sharing!

welcome-byc.gif

Probably a mix of mixes. He's got something barred, something maybe rose combed, something with white skin. I can't tell from the pic if he's buff or red. Closest basic cross I can come up with would be something like a Dominique rooster over a buff Orpington hen.

Hello again. We met in the new member section where I saw your rooster pic earlier. As I stated there, he is a mixed breed rooster, but certainly a beautiful one. :eek:)

welcome-byc.gif

Probably a mix of mixes. He's got something barred, something maybe rose combed, something with white skin. I can't tell from the pic if he's buff or red. Closest basic cross I can come up with would be something like a Dominique rooster over a buff Orpington hen.
x2

Whatever exact mix he is, he sure is handsome!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

I agree.

He does have a beautiful rose comb. Thank you for trying to identify. I guess he is a mixed breed. He is such a character of antics as well! If I feed him, he feeds his hens by mouth. He won't eat until all his hens have eaten. Such a gentleman!

Back
Top Bottom